Mission Embudo Retreat Center 1
Mission Embudo Retreat Center 2
Mission Embudo Retreat Center 3
Mission Embudo Retreat Center 4

Welcome to Mission Embudo

Located in the very heart of Dixon, New Mexico, Mission Embudo offers accommodations and small workshop/conference facilities at very reasonable rates.

We have available:

 

History of Mission Embudo

In the late 1880's missionaries ordained by the Presbyterian Church came to the Embudo valley to build a church, a hospital and an elementary school. The school, now Mssion Embudo, opened its doors in 1911. The school closed in 1958 but the Mission continues to be used in various ways by the Dixon community.

Through hard work and a grant, the church members have been able to convert the school building into a conference and workshop center.

Today, Mission Embudo is an inviting rustic adobe with a history filled with fellowship and good times. The rooms are large spaces with rich worn wood floors, 12' high beadboard ceilings and wavy old windows, with some modern finishings and conveniences added.

In 2003, a refurbishing project was launched on the apartment, formerly known as the Teacherage, where the mission school teachers lived.

The Hall, or Big Room, was the schoolroom. It measures approximately 40' X 80', with a raised stage at one end, and men's and women's bathrooms with showers. .

The newest additions are two casitas off the courtyard, one with a queen bed, kitchenette and bath, the other with 2 single beds and a bath.

The Apartment and Casitas open onto an enclosed courtyard, quiet and peaceful, ideal for morning coffee or afternoon tea and meditation. With grapevines, herbs, roses, and old apple and apricot trees, the courtyard offers serenity to the soul and respite for all.